My View

My goal is to post the writings of those whom I share opinions with but who write much better than I ever could. Of course I will give proper credit to all sources. Most postings will be of a conservative/libertarian view point. Also,I will not debate anyone here, just disseminate information. I'm tired of the debate. If you disagree with me I don't have the energy anymore to try to convince you.

Name:
Location: Florida

Friday, February 10, 2006

Sucessful Hunting Season




This years hunting season was very sucessful. My first buck of the season is a 6-point(that's a Hoya De Monterey in my hand,,) that I got from a ground blind at a distance of about 40 yards. The second (that's my buddy Chuck with me) is a 10 point, 186 lb. that I got from a tripod stand. It was one of my most exciting hunts. I used a combination of a Primos Doe bleat "can" call with a Primos "Hands Free" buck and doe call. I eased into the stand right at daybreak and waited a 1/2 hr. for the woods to calm down and then started with the doe bleat. I used it twice with 15 minutes apart and then "grunted" softly once, when I heard in the thickets about 50 yards away the sound of a buck making his way through the thick underbrush. He finally showed himself but there was too much vegetation between us to get a shot so I just watched to see what he would do. He started to move away from me so I used the grunt again real softly and he stared moving my way again. As he approached,still in the brush, he started moving away again. Again, I used the grunt REAL softly and that got his interest. He started coming directly toward me so I slightly stood up, took aim for a neck shot and when he got within 25 yds. I took my shot and he dropped in his tracks. This is the second 10-pointer I've got in 3 seasons on the land the hunting club I belong to leases. I am definitely a happy man.
I ended the season with one more deer, a 106 lb. doe. A real good season.
I know some of you peta people may be upset at this but too bad,,I've spent more money in the last 30+ years in helping wildlife habitat than any peta punk ever has.







4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which one of you guys held the flashlight?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Gerald A.Firlik said...

NO one held the flashlight,,,it's mounted to the stand for full 360' spotlighting,,,,LOL

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awesome deer. Is this a high fenced area?

11:41 PM  
Blogger Gerald A.Firlik said...

We also had a .50 cal mounted to make sure the little sucker didn't get away!!!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Site Counter